Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Homemade Tortillas

Fresh and tasty!

2 c. Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Baking powder
1/3 c. shortening
1 c. Boiling water

Mix dry ingredients. Then add shortening. Mix until crumbly. Add water. Mix and knead until a nice, soft dough forms. Divide into 8 large balls or 12 medium sized balls. Roll out with flour into tortillas. Cook in a skillet over medium high heat until done to your liking. Delicious and easier to make then it sounds! Fill them with fresh avocado, black beans, shredded chicken, cheese, cilantro, lettuce, tomato and fresh lime!

*You can also use half whole wheat to make them healthier.

3 comments:

Kobie said...

Seriously delish! I've made them and they were so simple. Mmmmmm!

Jenna said...

I've been looking for a quick, simple tortilla recipe. This one was great! Thanks so much for posting it!

Shannon said...

I have tried a LOT of tortilla recipes, kind of obsessed to find one that worked well. And this one did. Thanks for sharing! (I can't remember how I came upon your blog, but I like it!)