Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Super Sloppy Joes

(This comes from Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals and is my husband's favorite dish.)

1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1-1/4 lbs ground beef sirloin
1/4 c. brown sugar
2-1/2 T. steak seasoning blend
1 med. onion, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 T. red wine vinegar
1 T. worchestshire sauce
2 c. tomato sauce
2 T. tomato paste
4 crusty rolls - split, toasted and buttered

Heat a large skillet over med-high heat; add oil and beef, breaking up beef to brown. Combine brown sugar and steak seasoning, add to beef in skillet. When meat is browned, add onion and red pepper, reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes. Add vinegar, stirring briefly to reduce, then add Worchestshire, tomato sauce and paste, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to simmer and cook mixture 5 minutes longer.
Scoop mixture onto toasted buns. Serve with veggies or salad. Delicious!

2 comments:

Sheila Richardson said...

Jenna, my family loves sloppy joes, so I am going to try your recipe. I will let you know how it turns out. Everytime I look at your picture I get hungry! Sheila R.

Unknown said...

I like how you put a picture with the recipe. What a great idea!