Friday, January 25, 2008

Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies


I found this recipe on the Picky Palate blog and decided to give them a try. I made them for my company and they really enjoyed them. She used unsalted butter but all I had was salted so I used that and didn't add any additional salt. She also used Hershey's Dark Cocoa Powder but I just used what I had and they worked out great! I would suggest adding a little more flour than it calls for.

½ Cup chocolate chips
1 stick unsalted butter
1 ½ Cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ Cups flour
½ Cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 bag chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place ½ Cup chocolate chips and stick of butter in a heat proof bowl over a small pot of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.

2. Place cooled melted chocolate, sugar, eggs and vanilla into the bowl of a stand or electric
mixer. Mix on medium speed until well combined. On low speed, slowly mix in flour mixture and chips until just combined.

3. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until cookies begin to crack on top and edges look slightly crisped. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to finish cooling.

No comments: