Sunday, November 18, 2007

Maple Butter Blondies

About a year ago, Ty's cousin gave us a recipe for Blondies. We used to make it all the time. A couple of weeks ago, we had the missionaries over and I decided I would make them for dessert. When I made the recipe, I didn't remember it being so thick (which it is) so I called Ty's aunt to double check that I had the recipe right. She asked me if I was doing "the sauce" with it and I told her I didn't know what it was. She said, "Oh, it is absolutely dee-vine. You have to try it." So I did and I am not kidding, it is one of the best things I have ever tasted. So here you go...enjoy!

Blondie's

1 yellow cake mix
1 cube butter
2 eggs
chocolate chips

Mix and bake in 9x9 at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Maple Butter Sauce

3/4 c. maple syrup
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. walnuts (optional)

Melt butter in saucepan and add maple syrup. Stir. Add brown sugar until dissolved. Add walnuts.

For each cut blondie, add one scoop of ice cream, then drizzle sauce over the top. Yummy!

1 comment:

Kobie said...

My PICKY brothers and sisters thought this was delish! I will definitely make it again.